Courses in The Art of Healing & Touch
Holistic Therapies in Energy Based Teachings
Courses are open to WFBH Employees, Health Care Professionals, The Community ;
All Persons Committed to the Art of Healing
Are you interested in helping financially support the teachings of the ancient Art of Healing through our tuition assistance program?
Update 7/17/2020: Due to the Covid-19 Virus and in consideration of our students and staff, The Center for Integrative Medicine has suspended all classes until July 1, 2021.
Healing is a journey to wholeness within the body, mind and spirit. Within each of us is the ability to heal ourselves and to facilitate the healing process of another. Ultimately, all healing is self-healing.
Educational courses include the teaching of the human energy system and will include techniques of how to keep this system in balance, thus promoting healing and wellness.
Essential to facilitating healing is the ability to be authentically present. As human beings, we have the unique capacity to extend empathy, grace, compassion, and mercy. This alone can be healing.
The human hand emits energy, a frequency and a vibration. Science is now confirming energy affects the cellular growth process, the healing of a bone, a wound, and in many documented cases diminishes pain, anxiety, depression and PTSD.
Come discover your own gifts in the art of care and healing, and the process of extending those qualities through your hands but more importantly through your heart.
Courses are didactic and experiential. They must be taken in sequential order: basic, intermediate, then advanced.
Courses 1, 2 &3 are hosted Friday & Saturday, 8:30am - 4:30pm. Course 4 is hosted in a retreat setting beginning on Thursday at 5pm and ending Sunday at 2pm. Besides the cost of the course itself, student must also pay for lodging and meals.
Discounts are available for eligible students.
Deborah’s journey in the healing arts began upon graduating from East Carolina University in 1975
with a Bachelor of Science in Nursing.
Her career experience includes 15 years of intensive care and critical care nursing, 5 years as a nurse educator for Hospice and end of life care and nearly 25 years as an international instructor in energy based therapies and indigenous ways of healing.
Currently Deborah is a holistic nurse educator for the Center for Integrative Medicine and a provider in the Wake Forest Integrative Medicine Clinic in Winston-Salem, North Carolina.
Deborah focuses on the sacred journey and encourages others to discover their own path to wholeness. She is a visionary in the field of Integrative Medicine.
“And if I walk this earth but once,
may I inspire others to shine so brightly
from their Being,
that they illuminate the path of my soul.”
2019 Course Offerings
Course 1 - Basic Principles
• Centering exercises in becoming grounded and authentically present
• Exploring the energy system as it relates to body, mind and spirit
• Focusing on energetic principles of health and wholeness
• Practicing “hands-on & hands-off” modalities of care and healing
• Attuning through interactive guided imagery
• Emphasizing ethical principles in the art of healing
• Discussing ways to create trust and a safe environment
• Allowing for mystery, miracle and the sacred process
Course 2 - Intermediate Principles
• Expanding knowledge of energetic principles
• Developing additional energetic modalities of care
• Deepening the process of becoming a healing presence
• Connecting with inner wisdom and divine presence
• Understanding the importance of life story as related to energetic imbalances, health and healing
Course 3 - Advanced Principles
• Honoring sacred rituals of care
• Deepening intuitive senses
• Understanding the qualities of humble presence
• Letting go of ego; trusting the process
• Emphasizing ethical boundaries of care
• Creating new paradigms for healing
• Learning to allow the flow of energetic compassion
• Blending modern medicine with the ancient art of healing
Course 4 - Healing Intensive
This course is held in a retreat setting
• Focusing on the core star within
• Blending the elements of nature and the seasons
• Cultivating a servant's heart
• Recording the journey
• Tutorial study
• The mastery process of becoming